Thursday, October 7, 2010

The too Honest Resume Cover Letter

To Whom It May Concern,

Please consider me for [the listed position] as I am
[a sad realization] completely unprepared to (re)enter the civilized working world.

In my previous life I have been an academic,
and am fluent in Eros and amore.
 I was never very good at note taking
unless you trust
my memory.
A shipping chick, sewer of soldiers,
excellent at bundling cardboard, and compartmentalizer of demons,
ghost writer, slave and doppelganger,
junkie,
coat check girl and entomology assistant,
gardener
and
broke.

Now:
mother, wife, lover, cook, poet.
Collector of doilies, dishes and brick-brack,
a conscientious objector  to housework and order,
intellectual adulteress
and daydreamer.

One would assume, given my previous experience I would excel at multi-tasking;
sadly, it leaves me overwhelmed and uninspired.
The rewards of deconstructing the sounds of silence
while outrunning the past standing still,
motivate my chosen schedule.

I am certain, if hired I will one day disappoint you.
Once again I'll take my post as seeker for something so simple
as a "how" or a "why" while the last check clears
and i get lose change in return for my soul,

1 comment:

nerdyjenna said...

perfectly true for many of us <3